Hello friends and family (and potential strangers who stumble across this on the internet) – welcome to our wedding blog, November Nooptials. What does “nooptials” mean, you may ask? Well, it’s a Marlene-ism…which means, my mom tried to pronounce “nuptials” one day, and it came out wrong. Anyway, after Mike and I got engaged in October, I decided I wanted to keep a journal of the year leading up to our wedding. It would be something we could show our kids in the future (waaaaaaaay in the future) and remind of us this exciting time. Since a lot of our family and friends are far away, we figured keeping a journal in blog-form would be great since:
1) 1) It would be available for others to read – if interested
2) 2) By putting it on the internet, it’s virtually indestructible
So…enjoy!
What a sweet engagement story! Got teary-eyed. I love the Nooptials. Just getting Mar to say aluminum is always a reason to laugh. Glad you are blogging!!
ReplyDeleteI can never get my id to show up on this and always post as anonymous. This is your Aunt Debe
You could start a blog on Marlene'isms starting with "D Pickett Fence!" Reading your blog will be fun but I think we should have a chance to respond to your thoughts beyond just posting a commment. How else can the truth come out from those of us who know you well!!! Denny
ReplyDelete1) You sound like Ken Cohn :)
ReplyDelete2) Very glad to be following the journey! While I'm right in town, it's difficult to find the time that's necessary to keep in touch like we should!